Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Last Night....

I had fun all by myself :-)


After work last night I went to the library. I was in the mood for a read that would be inspirational, uplifting, something that could teach me something... teach me something other than how to birth my baby, feed my body, or "fix" my marriage! This was so the right choice! I'm way into it already :-)
While I read I played my Pandora station "Symphonic Classical" soo peaceful!

I had to take a picture of my button... 'cuz folks, its totally on its way out! I had to capture the essence of what was. You can't quite make it out, but I totally have the linea nigra. Not as dark as I've seen, but it's been around since at least 8 weeks.

 Before work I put chuck roast in my own marinade (Sesame seed oil, lime juice thyme, and red pepper flakes). Seared on both sides in a deep skillet for 4-5 minutes each, then in a dutch oven with more oil, the marinade from earlier, some garlic powder and black pepper, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes covered, then 14 uncovered. Juicy, flavorful and yummy! Great topper for leafy greens, snap peas, and tomatoes. I added bleu cheese and lemon juice, YUM!!!


Once my dinner was ready I flipped on the game! I like basketball, but I don't usually watch televised sports. Maybe its the extra testosterone from carrying a boy, but lately I've been in the mood for action movies and desperate needs to watch sporting events. I loved the first half of this game! I decided I should always watch finals because the teams that get here definitely know what they're doing! I only made it through the first half though because prego-mom is too tired to hang ;-)


In other news- Favorite quotes with regards to my current situation:

"You look like a toothpick with an olive on it!"

"Honey, you're so tiny your maternity jeans wouldn't even fit me"

"You're 25? I thought you were 20 or 21" ok, that has nothing to do with being pregnant, but I thought it was funny and it had been a long time since I heard how young I look, I wasn't sure if it was still true.

"That's not even a maternity dress, is it?" I get this alot, I'm trying to make the most of my clothes while I still can.

That's all for now! Laters!


Best,
M~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'd love to interview you for Tiny Blue Lines if you're up for it! Congrats on the pregnancy and best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chaunie, I'm honored you stopped by! Anytime you like, just let me know, I'm up for the interview :-) Thanks for asking and for the best wishes!

      Delete

I love comments! I will be sure to re-pay the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...