Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Message to my Baby

I haven't really written a letter to my baby here like some blogging moms have done. Last night when I was finishing a letter to baby in my diary, I thought maybe I would like to share it here.

First, some verses I read last night really encouraged me:

Psalm 33:13-15" The Lord looks down from heaven; he sees all the children of man; from where he sits enthroned he looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, he who fashions the hearts of them all and observes all their deeds."

I love this because you have this picture of God on His throne, He is in power, He made us, and He is watching over us and our children!

Psalm 34:9, 10b "Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! ...those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

These verses lead into what I wanted to tell my son:

Dear Son,
There are already so many things I want to tell you! I'll start with two tonight:

1. We may never have much in the way of earthly wealth as far as money and possessions go; but we will be rich in love, memories, and blessings from our Savior. What do you think would be most pleasant to remember at the end of life? Your bank accounts and fancy cars and boats? Or all the love and memories made with families and true friends?

2. I think yelling is awful! Yelling doesn't solve anything. When I was growing up I heard alot of yelling, saw alot of anger and impatience. Your father and I disagree on some things from time to time, but we don't have to resort to yelling to solve our differences. Yelling doesn't solve anything. Yelling only causes hurt and prolongs the problem. The Bible encourages people to work out their problems with the best interest of the other person at heart; and to control oneself through their anger.
I'm telling you all of this Baby Bear, because I hope I remember this when I'm with you and instructing you. I don't believe yelling has anything to do with adequately training a child. Yelling just leaves painful, hurtful memories.
I believe I can teach you, guide you, be in authority with patience, love, gentleness, and strictness without raising my voice in an ugly way. Hopefully, through this approach I'll win your respect, love, and obedience. I want you to have a happy, love-filled childhood and grow into an adjusted, competent, and confident adult. I have a part in making those things happen. May God guide us both!

Your father and I have been walking, cleaning, doing everything we can to have things ready for your arrival. I hope you'll be happy here with us! We're happy here with each other and are ready to share our nest with you! Love you Son!!

-Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will be sure to re-pay the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...