Tuesday, November 6, 2012

1 MONTH today!



Elijah seems to grow and change every time I look at him. All of a sudden we are here, one month after his birth-day.

Accomplishments:
Holding his head up for a few seconds spontaneously
"Stepping out" (term referring to putting his legs out strait and balancing his weight on his feet)
Eyes focusing briefly on objects, and especially our eyes
Sleeping 3-4 hrs. at night in between feedings

Today I had to put away his newborn clothes :..-( He is in 0-3 and 3 month clothes. My baby is BIG!
The good part here, my silver lining, we made sure to have more clothes in these sizes when we were registering and shopping, so he has WAY CUTE outfit options right now.

Me:
Getting more done around the house when Papa is home to watch baby
Feeling more and more like myself, only like "bonus me" because now I have a baby
Switched out my wardrobe because it is getting WAY cold... inspired by rearranging my sons wardrobe ;-)
Sleeping better now with my random spurts of opportunity than I did the whole time I was prego
Still have 20 lbs to go til pre-prego weight reached
Keep hearing I don't look like I had a baby, I'm ok with that ;-)

Lately:
Hubby's 31st birthday was celebrated successfully and enjoyably from last Thursday-Sunday (took him to his favorite doughnut shop Thursday night while a friend kept an eye on baby has he took his after dinner nap! We listened to Frank Sinatra in the car while we ate our doughnuts at the park. Friday he got to have powdered doughnuts for breakfast (he really likes doughnuts). Saturday night I made him homemade pancakes with sausage and eggs for dinner. Sunday was the grand finally, see below)

 He's such a happy Papa!
 I dressed Baby Bear and I up to surprise Papa Bear when he came home from church. "We" videoed him walking in the door while "we" sang "Happy Birthday" to Papa!
 Ordered Papa Bear a steak dinner and bloomin' onion from Outback
 My first homemade layer cake! He liked it :-)

We took it out!

Enjoyed a nice day out at the park as a family Saturday... Well Papa and Mama thought it was nice ;-)



About to tackle a new way of life in the way of couponing and deal shopping... actually went to a money saving class saturday to get myself started :-)
Looking forward to getting more involved in my local MOMS group

Life is good! Loving having my baby at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will be sure to re-pay the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...