Friday, August 17, 2012

Something to think about

Who is God? What is God? These can be common questions. A few answers go like this:
Creator of the Universe
A Spiritual Being
Mythical Creature
A Mystery
We just don't know

As a Christian, I feel like I should have a good answer, but often I feel what I would say is inadequate.
Last night in the Bible study I attended on prayer, one of the last verses we looked at showed God describing himself to Moses.
Exodus 34:6-7 "The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and fourth generation."

So we see here characteristics of God. I am struck by the fact that God doesn't expect anything of us that He isn't himself. In James 1:19-20 "...be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." John 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another." Matthew 6:14-15 "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Putting it all together: Colossians 3:12-14 "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." (All scripture references taken from the ESV translation)

Go forth today and Love, Forgive, be Slow to Anger!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bump Update!
32-33 Weeks:



Baby is the size of a pineapple! He is weighing in at almost 4 lbs and is about 16 inches long. He is beginning to distinguish between breathing and swallowing and coordinating those efforts. He keeps his eyes open when he's awake now and can sense light and dark, which helps him have more of a bedtime. His kicks are SOO much bigger! Usually I can tell if its a foot elbow jabbing me, and when he sticks his butt up high under my boob... yea not so comfy ;-)
We are blossoming!
*What I wore: top/new york and company (an xsm that finally fits!); cami/charlotte ruse; pants/old navy; bracelet/maurices; watch/kohls


Saturday we had our first baby shower! Our dear friends Beth and Bekah coordinated the event for us! Before we stepped out, hubs got a shot of me at home :-)

What I wore: dress/thrifted; skinny belt/shadeclothing.com; flowers/thoughtful husband ;-)

This was a new baby shower game to me! Bekah got several candy bars and divided them between two teams. They had to use the names of the candy bars to write my "birth story". Look hubs being such a good sport ;-)

I was supposed to play judge, but I really hate picking a winner because that means I'm picking a loser... Everyone is a winner!! I think I ended up with more candy bars then anyone anyway :-) I love me some butterfinger, twix, and tried skor for the first time! Thanks ladies :-D

I love how this lovely new lady is frontin' her gangsta side already ;-)

Bekah!! We were college roomies. She's holding Anna for the other Bekah ;-)

 Yay baby wash and lotion! Thanks Melanie!



We were stoked to get the money humidifier for baby's room. It's just so cute! Thanks Beth!

Beth makes the most adorable hostess! Serving her homemade cupcakes with baby boy blue icing with little jungle animal toppers! Did you wear blue because we're having a boy?? ;-) (sometimes she's theme-y like that!)

Melanie and Jaime taking turns playing with the new babies!

Bekah with her little Anna and Emily getting a break from Kira so she can eat! Don't these ladies look awesome?! Just about 5 weeks from delivering!

Posing with my girls! Thanks for the shower ladies :-)

I got to hold little Anna! Both babies just slept through the party, unless they were eating!

The first and only time I saw her open her eyes :-) Such a sweetie!

Random... leaving the church building Sunday night we came across this "little" guy making his way down the sidewalk. Maybe he was trying to get his church on?



I have recently discovered a love for painting frames. This is the final and overdue thank you gift to a lady who did so much work on our wedding!

The other day I decided to experiment and see if I could make myself a mocha cappuccino.

It worked! YAY! Decaf coffee grounds, 1tsp cocoa powder in coffee filter, power on coffee pot, milk microwaved for 40 sec. then whisked till frothy, mix in sugar and vanilla to taste, pour cafe mocha!
YUMMMMM!!!!!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Best,
M~



1 comment:

  1. Of course I absolutely wore blue because you're having a boy :) I love being theme-y, got that from my momma. You are WELCOME! so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will be sure to re-pay the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...