Monday, August 20, 2012

Sometimes you just have to give in...

Almost every day I have a lengthy mental to-do list, who doesn't?

Today didn't go exactly as I thought it would. This morning I thought I would get dishes done, work on my writing, do laundry, put clean laundry from a couple weeks ago away, and maybe start a craft project, take a walk, do yoga. After going to hubby's chiropractic appointment, calling a lawyer to draw up a will, calling three different places to see about getting our son's car seat inspected, it was time to meet a lady for lunch then dash off to work. At work things started going down hill. Everything ached, I was sleepy, and my belly skin itched :-(

I came home after work and GAVE IN to a shower and the couch. After my shower I pulled on an AE dress/tunic that has become a snug t-shirt, made my way downstairs and then got a lovely surprise... hubby ran the dishwasher for me!

I'm now taking the the rest of the night off, unless I get an unexpected burst of energy, watch girly stuff on netflix until I fall asleep, and see what I can do tomorrow :-)

Enjoy the pix!

When hubby leaves for work I always kiss him goodbye at the door then stand at the window blowing kisses and waving like crazy. The other day he sent me a heart and I noticed the trinity symbol on the passenger seat.

Monumental day! First time washing the baby clothes. While doing this I had the thought, "this is the last time I wash these new. After baby gets here I'll always wash them poop, food, and spit up stained." I admit, I'm not looking forward to poop stains.


Saturday night I made brownies then we made sundaes.
Brownie recipe:
4 squares of Baker's brand semi-sweet bakers chocolate
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
*place chocolate and butter in large, microwave-safe bowl, heat in microwave til melter. After butter melts, stir chocolate until it melts and blends into butter
*stir in sugar until well blended
*add eggs and vanilla
*stir in flour
*pour batter into 13x9 pan lined with foil (spray cooking spray on foil)
*bake at 325 degrees for glass pan for 30 minutes or until fork comes out clean, 350 degrees if using dark/metal pan

 Hubby sampling the redi whip ;-)


Sunday I tried out some barbecue chicken tenders. Turned out pretty awesome, I'll be making these again.
*You can buy chicken tenders pre-cut, or buy chicken breast and cut down to tenders
*in three separate bowls shallow and wide enough to dip, put flour mixed with black pepper, cayenne, and chili powder to taste (if you like a kick)
*It took two whole eggs for about 10 tenders, beat in a bowl
*bread crumbs, any you have on hand will work
*Have large skillet pre-heated on medium to medium-high, about 1 inch of olive oil, and 1 tbs of butter in pan
*take tender and roll in flour both sides, dip in egg both dies, then take through bread crumbs both sides, place in skillet as you complete each tender
*Let tenders become lightly browned, remove and brush both sides with your choice off bbq sauce (We like sweet baby rays, I added honey to make the sauce more spreadable and to give a hint of sweetness), place tenders back in pan, cook both sides about 1-2 minutes more or until done
*have some more sauce for dipping if desired

 I served with apple slices, but would have loved to also have celery with blue cheese dressing... my celery had turned soft and brown :-(


After lunch hubby worked for 2 hrs trying to get our car seat installed



These things are NOT easy! Plus, I think it's too big for our car. Hopefully tomorrow after our pre-natal appointment the person we're meeting at the hospital will help us figure out :-) Good thing there are professional for this kind of stuff!

We like to leave each other messages on the fridge board for each other ;-) David suggested posting this one... he's so sweet to think of blog content for me!

Best,
M~

1 comment:

I love comments! I will be sure to re-pay the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...